GCS - Professional Research and Publishing
Emery County School District
Policy: GCS-Professional Research & Publishing
Date Adopted: 17 August 1988
Current Review / Revision: 4 March 1998
The following guidelines and procedures will be used to provide a uniform method for handling requests from persons employed by the District to conduct research projects in the Emery Schools:
- Any project must be approved by the Superintendent. In the judgment of the Superintendent, the research project must meet the following criteria:
- Be of direct benefit to the schools;
- Contribute to the advancement of education generally; and
- Be approved by the Principal and faculty of the school or schools involved.
- Clearance for research to be conducted in a public school by persons in that school should be requested from the Principal. The Principal must submit a written request for approval to the Superintendent.