IGF - Textbook Evaluation
Emery County School District
Policy: IGF—Textbook Evaluation
Date Adopted: 10 May 1995
Current Review / Revision: 17 June 1998
- The textbook appears on the State Adoption list for “comprehensive” use for the subject and level for which it will be used. (Has been approved by the State Textbook Commission.)
- The content covers a significant portion of the core curriculum.
- The content is up-to-date.
- Content is presented in a logical sequence.
- Pictures, illustrations, charts, and other related graphics are of high quality and relate directly to the objectives being taught.
- The reading level is appropriate for the age and grade level of the students.
- Appropriate assessment instruments are included in the textbook materials.
- Activities are included which match the objectives.
- Directions are clear and precise.
- Teacher guide provides curriculum management ideas and procedures.
- Provisions are made for underachievers.
- Content provides activities for higher level thinking skills.
- Content accommodates various learning styles and/or cultures of students.
- Content is free from bias with regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, etc.
- Content interconnects with other curricular areas and provides real-life application.
- The textbook addresses current research in effective practice.